FRP Bars for Concrete Reinforcement
FRP bars are made from composite materials (Fiberglass, Carbon Fiber or Basalt Fiber) and manufactured by a pultrusion process using a mix of recycled fibers and resin with various additives.
FRP bar was developed as a non-corrosive, more sustainable, alternative to steel for concrete reinforcement. It is suitable for any structural or architectural concrete-based application where a material that is corrosion resistant, lightweight, or non-conductive is required.
Milltrade supports and distributes SFT-Bar®, supplied and manufactured by SFTec, Inc.
Benefits of FRP Bars
FRP reinforced concrete infrastructure projects have several benefits thanks to its properties:
- Unsusceptible to Chemical spills
- Long-term durability
- Competitive cost and energy efficiency
- Improves installation work efficiency
- Totally unaffected by chloride ions
- High tensile strength
... and so much more!
Applications of FRP Bars
FRP bar is the ideal solution for concrete reinforced projects, such as:
- Bridges, Barriers walls and decks
- Pavements, multi-storey parking garages, roads, balconies, etc.
- Diaphragm wall (soft eye), foundation pit retaining piles
- Precast Tunnel Segments
- Mining roadway support and tunnels with Rock bolts
- Wharfs, sea walls, wave breaker, water treatment plants